If you are interested in our titanium fasteners, please send eamil to us email@example.com
Gr2 Titanium Nut
- Material : Gr2
- Standard:DIN912 DIN913 DIN934 DIN965 DIN916 DIN931 DIN933 DIN7991 DIN7984 DIN6921
- Available Industry Standard Thicknesses for Titanium: .016, .020, .032, .063, .080
- Lightweight and high strength
- Corrosion resistantto chlorides, sea water & chlorine
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Titanium grades, chemistry & specifications
- Temperaturevs strength data
- Titanium Grade 2 and Grade 5in-depth
Titanium nuts are also unique among metals in the chemical processing industry for handling chlorine (wet) and chlorine compounds in aqueous solutions. Titanium nuts are fully resistant to solutions of chlorides, hypochlorites, chlorates, perchlorates and chlorine dioxide. As a result titanium nuts are often using within the chlorine related industries such as pulp and paper and chlor-alkali / bleach.
Titanium nuts are also an excellent material to prevent seawater corrosion. Because titanium nuts can resists corrosion by seawater up to temperatures as high as 500°F (260°C) as well as survive at ocean depths over a mile below the surface, titanium nuts are used throughout the oil & gas, desalination and marine industries.The most common grades of Titanium nuts are Grade 2 and Grade 5.
Grade 2 titanium is called the “workhorse” of the commercially pure titanium industry, thanks to its varied usability and wide availability. It shares many of the same qualities as Grade 1 titanium, but it is slightly stronger. Both are equally corrosion resistant.
This grade possesses good weldability, strength, ductility and formability. This makes Grade 2 titanium bar and sheet are the prime choice for many fields of applications:
- Power generation
- Medical industry
- Hydro-carbon processing
- Marine industry
- Exhaust pipe shrouds
- Airframe skin
- Chemical processing
- Chlorate manufacturing
Titanium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal, making it an ideal material for demanding applications that require light-weight components. It is as strong as some steels, at 45% of the weight. In addition, it is corrosion-resistant to sea water and chlorine. It has low electrical and thermal conductivity and is non-magnetic. Some industrial applications for titanium washers include:
- Aerospace– Light-weight washers that are able to withstand harsh conditions and that provide thermal and electrical insulation.
- Medical Component– Strong, light-weight washers for medical instruments and prostheses.
- Military & Defense– Light-weight washers for harsh and corrosive environments.
- Petrochemical– Washers for use in corrosive environments.
- Stamping– Stamping is the most common titanium washer fabrication, especially for larger quantities. Stamped parts are consistent, with high repeatability during production. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Laser cutting– Laser cutting produces non-standard OD’s and ID’s to eliminate the need to build tooling. High cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts.
- Waterjet cutting– Waterjet cutting is used to cut washers out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as brass, copper and laminated materials. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting– Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for washers that require very tight tolerances.
INTRESTED? Please send us your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org