The Advantages of Titanium Tube
1. Titanium tube has high specific strength. The density of titanium alloy is generally about 4.5g/cm3. Only 60% of steel, the strength of pure titanium is close to the strength of ordinary steel. Some high-strength titanium alloys exceed many alloy structural steels, so the specific strength of titanium alloys (strength /Density) is much larger than other metal structure materials, see Table 7-1, can produce high unit strength, good rigidity, light weight zero parts, parts. At present, titanium alloys are used in aircraft engine components, skeletons, skins, fasteners and landing gear.
2. Titanium tube has high thermal strength. The operating temperature is several hundred degrees higher than that of aluminum alloy, and it can still maintain the required strength at medium temperature. It can work for a long time at a temperature of 450~500℃. The working temperature of two titanium alloys at 150℃~ titanium alloy can reach 500℃. Aluminum alloy is below 200℃. The specific strength is still very high in the range of 500°C, while the specific strength of aluminum alloy decreases significantly at 150°C.
3. Titanium pipe works in vertical atmosphere and sea water medium, its directivity is long-distance stainless steel; it has strong resistance to pitting corrosion, acid corrosion, stress corrosion; it has reducing oxygen and chromium salt medium to alkali, titanium chloride The oxidizing property is poor.
4. The low temperature performance of the titanium tube is good. Titanium alloys can still maintain their mechanical properties at low and ultra-low temperatures. Titanium alloys with good low temperature performance and extremely low interstitial elements, such as TA7, can maintain a certain degree of plasticity at -253°C. Therefore, titanium alloy is also an important low-temperature structural material.
5. Titanium tube has high chemical activity. Titanium has high chemical activity, and produces strong chemical reactions with O, N, H, CO, CO2, water vapor, ammonia, etc. in the atmosphere. When the carbon content is greater than 0.2%, it will form hard TiC in the titanium alloy; when the temperature is higher, it will also form a hard surface layer of TiN when it interacts with N; when the temperature is above 600℃, titanium absorbs oxygen to form a hardened layer with high hardness ; Increase in hydrogen content will also form an embrittlement layer. Titanium also has a high chemical affinity, which is easy to produce distortion with the friction surface.
6. The resonance coefficient and elastic modulus of titanium pipe fitting manufacturers are small. The resonance coefficient of titanium is small, and the modulus of elasticity is small. The modulus of elasticity of titanium alloy is about 1/2 of that of steel, so it has poor rigidity and is easy to deform. It is not suitable to make slender rods and thin-walled parts. The springback of the machined surface during cutting Very large, about 2 to 3 times that of stainless steel, causing friction, bending and wear on the flank of the tool.
INTRESTED? Please send us your inquiry to email@example.com.