A fastener is a general term for a type of mechanical part that is used to securely join two or more parts (or components) together. The market is also known as standard parts. Mechanical assembly and assembly are connected by fasteners. As a general-purpose mechanical part, fasteners come in many varieties and are widely used.
What are the characteristics of fasteners?
Features: Variety of specifications, wide range of performance, standardization, and generalization.
Fastener industry standard
Due to the specifications, dimensions, tolerances, weights, performance, surface conditions, marking methods, and specific requirements of inspection and inspection, marking and packaging for each specific fastener product, it is specified in several national (industry) standards. For example, there are English, German and American systems.
Titanium standard parts are the most widely used mechanical base parts. China’s fastener products are exported to the world and fastener products from all over the world are also pouring into the Chinese market. As one of the products with a large import and export volume in China, fasteners are in line with international standards, and it is of great significance to promote the Chinese fastener enterprises to the world and promote the full participation of fastener enterprises in international cooperation and competition. Strategic significance.
It usually includes the following 12 types of parts
1. Retaining ring: It is installed in the shaft groove or hole of the machine and equipment, and plays the role of preventing the left or right part of the shaft or the hole from moving.
2. Pin: It is mainly used for part positioning, and some can also be used for connecting parts, fixing parts, transmitting power or locking other fasteners.
3. Solder Stud: Due to the different types of fasteners consisting of light energy and nail head (or no nail head), it is fixedly attached to a part (or component) by welding to connect with other parts.
4. Nut: With internal threaded hole, the shape is generally flat hexagonal column shape, but also has a flat square column or a flat cylindrical shape. It is used with bolts, studs or machine screws to fasten the connection of two parts. It becomes a whole.
Titanium screw fastener industry standard and classification product knowledge
5. Wood screws: Also similar to machine screws, but the thread on the screw is a special wood screw with ribs that can be screwed directly into the wood component (or part) for a metal (or non-metal) with a through hole. The parts are fastened together with a wooden component. This connection is also a detachable connection.
6. Rivet: A type of fastener consisting of two parts, the head and the shank, used to fasten the two parts (or components) with through holes to make them integral. This type of connection is called a rivet connection, referred to as riveting. It is connected to the non-detachable. Because the two parts that are joined together are to be separated, the rivets on the part must be destroyed.
7. Assembly and connection pair: The assembly refers to a type of fastener supplied in combination, such as a combination of a certain machine screw (or bolt, self-supply screw) and a flat washer (or spring washer, lock washer); A pair of fasteners that supply a combination of special bolts, nuts, and washers, such as high-strength large hex head bolts for steel structures.
8. Washer: A type of fastener that is oblate in shape. Between the support surface of the bolt, the screw or the nut and the surface of the connecting part, it increases the contact surface area of the connected part, reduces the pressure per unit area and protects the surface of the connected part from damage; another type of elastic washer, It also acts to prevent the nut from loosening.
9. Bolt: A type of fastener consisting of a head and a screw (a cylinder with an external thread) that is to be fitted with a nut for fastening two parts with through holes. This type of connection is called a bolted connection. If the nut is unscrewed from the bolt, the two parts can be separated, so the bolt connection is a detachable connection.
10. Stud: A type of fastener that has no head and only has threads on both ends. When connecting, one end must be screwed into the part with the internally threaded hole, the other end is passed through the part with the through hole, and then the nut is screwed, even if the two parts are fastened together as a whole. This type of connection is called a stud connection and is also a detachable connection. It is mainly used in the case where one of the connected parts has a large thickness, requires a compact structure, or is frequently used for disassembly, and should not be bolted.
11. Screw: A type of fastener that is also composed of two parts, the head and the screw. It can be divided into three categories according to the purpose: machine screws, set screws and special purpose screws. The machine screw is mainly used for a tightly threaded part and a tight connection with a part with a through hole. No need for a nut fit (this type of connection is called a screw connection and is also a detachable connection; Fitted with a nut for a secure connection between two parts with through holes.) The set screw is primarily used to secure the relative position between the two parts. Special purpose screws such as eyebolts are used for lifting parts.
12. Self-tapping screws: Similar to machine screws, but the threads on the screw are dedicated self-tapping screws. It is used to fasten and connect two thin metal members to make them integral. The holes need to be made in advance on the members. Since the screws have high hardness, they can be directly screwed into the holes of the members. Form a responsive internal thread. This form of connection is also a detachable connection.